TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE EDIT LDN (MARKETPLACE)
Last updated: 13th July 2022
The terms and conditions set out below govern your relationship with The Edit Man London LTD Trading as The Edit LDN (12436420), Whose registered office is SG House, 6 St Cross Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9HX and Trading from Labs House, 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, London, WC1A 2TH.
Throughout this document, The Edit Man London LTD is referred to as “The Edit LDN”, “theeditldn.com”, “we”, “us” and “our”. “You” and “your” refer to anyone or any electronic agent using theeditldn.com for any purpose.
- Authentication: the process as defined here by which we authenticate the Sellers’ products.
- Conditions: these terms and conditions set out in Clause 1 to Clause 11 (inclusive).
- Force Majeure Event: events, circumstances or causes beyond a party's reasonable control.
- Seller: third party, private individuals.
- Services: any part of theeditldn.com
- Site: theeditldn.com
- Terms: These Terms & Conditions of The Edit LDN
- The Edit LDN: The Edit Man London LTD
- User Content: Any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on this Site submitted by any user of the Site and Service
- VAT: value added tax or any equivalent tax chargeable in the UK or elsewhere.
- By using our Services , or accepting the terms and conditions when prompted, you agree to be bound by the terms found on this page and thus have read and abide by them entirely. Unless required by law to amend the Terms with immediate effect, The Edit LDN will, where applicable, provide sellers with at least 15 days' notice of any changes which affect them. If you do not agree with our terms and conditions, do not use any part of our services. Agreement (by use of our service or acceptance when prompted) to the terms and conditions on this page creates a legally binding agreement between us (The Edit Man London LTD) and you (the user of our service). Therefore read this document carefully.
- The Edit LDN - The Marketplace.
The Site and Services are intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. By using the Site and Services you confirm that you meet this requirement and that, if you are under the age of 18, you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using the Site and Services.
The Edit LDN is a marketplace, allowing third party sellers to list and sell their products in a live marketplace on the Site and Services. Seller’s products will be made available for sale on all of our Sites and mobile applications
As a marketplace, theeditldn.com provides the service and is the platform provider helping facilitate transactions of buying and selling products, The Edit LDN is neither the buyer nor the seller of the seller's products. Accordingly, the contract formed at the completion of a sale for these third party products is solely between the buyer and seller.
The Edit LDN acts as a commercial agent to conclude the sale on behalf of each buyer and seller involved in each transaction. Because sellers set prices, they may be higher than retail value of the products sold on our Site.
Prices are set by the market and the seller, not by The Edit LDN, as such, we do not guarantee the sale of any product. The Edit LDN is not an auctioneer.
The Services are accessible to certain international sellers and buyers. The Edit LDN may provide access to certain features and tools to international sellers and buyers, such as estimated local currency conversion and integrated international shipping, customs and tax tools. Sellers and buyers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations applicable to the international sale, purchase, and shipment of items.
We aim to process all orders within 1-5 working days, however this time may not always be met due to the location or/and rarity of the item. Should you require updates on your sneaker progressing through our network, please email customer services at email@example.com and our team will be on hand to support
- Selling on Theeditldn.com
- By creating an account and listing an item on the marketplace, you are accepting the terms, conditions and obligations regarding sellers outlined in this section.
- By listing an item for sale, you the seller are creating a legally binding offer to sell the item for the specific price listed. Once the buyer accepts such an offer, you the seller are legally bound to sell the item to the buyer for the specified amount. As such, once an offer is accepted under no circumstances can the seller cancel the listing.
- Failure to complete orders once offer has been accepted, or violation of the terms and conditions outlined in this document will result in the seller incurring a charge equal to 7% of the transaction as a service fee. In addition, The Edit LDN reserves the right to; (i) Suspend or terminate the seller’s account, (ii) Withhold any payments due to the seller, (iii) Claim any additional losses incurred due to the seller’s action or inaction in failing to complete the agreement. This includes but is not limited to transaction fees, compensation to the buyer and administrations costs.
- To list an item for sale on theeditldn.com, the seller must have the legal authority to sell such an item. Any violation of this shall result in additional charges to the seller as outlined in section 3.3 of this document.
- All items listed on theeditldn.com must be, without exception, 100% authentic. Condition terms stated below:
- i) in brand new, undamaged condition, accompanied by the original box/packaging, with all original accessories. It is the seller’s obligation to ensure their item wholly meets the product description on theeditldn.com
- ii) Pre Loved items must be clearly listed as Pre Loved with accompanying images. It is the seller’s obligation to ensure their item wholly meets the product description on theeditldn.comAt the discretion of The Edit LDN, receipt of any item to us for Authentication in violation of section 3.5 can result in your account being disabled indefinitely. You acknowledge and agree that if The Edit LDN authentication team detects fraud or suspects that an item is counterfeit, the item will be removed from the website and marketplace circulation. In addition, The Edit LDN will work with the proper authorities as needed and reserves the right to confiscate and destroy any items determined to be counterfeit. In such circumstances, The Edit LDN is under no obligation to return items. Any returns to sellers will be judged on a case by case basis at The Edit LDN’s discretion, with any costs incurred (such as shipping) being the liability of the seller.By selling on theeditldn.com you the seller are agreeing to the shipping obligations outlined in this section. Without exception, all items sent to us must be double boxed and packaged appropriately. This means that the original packaging should be contained and protected within a second box. Upon the sale of items, The Edit LDN will make available to you a shipping label to send the item to us for Authentication. This label must be affixed to the outside of the box.
- Once an item has sold on theeditldn.com, you the seller have 1 working day to send the item to us in compliance with section 3.9. Failure to do so will incur additional charges to the seller as outlined in section 3.3. The only exception to this is if the seller notifies The Edit LDN in good time, and The Edit LDN will grant an additional 24 hours for shipping. This will be executed on a case by case basis.
- When using our service you the seller are accepting that all shipping costs incurred sending your item to us are your liability and thus are deductible from your The Edit LDN account balance. The fees for shipping will be clearly presented to you at the point of listing your items. This is subject to change at any time at the discretion of The Edit LDN with no warning or notice. It is, therefore, your responsibility to ensure you are up to date with the latest amendments to these terms and conditions.
- Should an item you have sold fail verification for any reason, you the seller will be charged a standard £15 fee for the item to be returned to you.
- Transaction Fees, Withdrawals and Taxes for Sellers.
- Our standard fee is a percentage of the total sale price of each item sold as follows:
- 32% for all products up to £300;
- 22% for all products between £300-£1,000; and
- 17% for all products above £1,000,
- Our fee shall be included within the total cost of product payable by a buyer. The fee includes VAT, payment processing and verification costs.
- The standard fees charged by the Edit LDN are non-negotiable. The Edit LDN reserves the right to change this fee with full discretion at any time, and will inform you via email 7 days prior to any changes made.
- Purchases will be made via Sagepay/ Paypal/ Klarna. The Edit LDN will pay the balance of the purchase price (following deduction of The Edit LDN’s fees as set out above) to the seller separately by bank transfer.
- Sellers can request a withdrawal from their account balance at any time. We aim to have all requests in British Pound Sterling (£) processed and available in the destination account within 24 hours of request. However, we do not guarantee that all withdrawals will be completed within this time period. We aim to have all withdrawal requests in US Dollars ($), or Euros (€) processed and available in the destination account within 2-3 business days. However, do not guarantee that all withdrawals will be completed within this time period.
- Buying on theeditldn.com
- As outlined in section 1 of this document, by using any of our services you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, regardless as to whether you hold a theeditldn.com account or access our services as a guest.
- When committing to buy any item on theeditldn.com, you the buyer are accepting the seller’s offer and thus create a legally binding agreement with the seller directly to complete the sale of that item. Once this agreement has been made under no circumstances can the buyer cancel the order. Doing so will violate these terms and conditions and as such The Edit LDN reserves the right to prohibit any future use of any of our services.
- By definition – The Edit LDN is a marketplace, operating as an agent connecting buyers and sellers. All purchases and sales are a direct and legally binding agreement between buyer and seller and NOT The Edit LDN. As such, we strictly operate a no returns/refunds policy. For more information on shipping, please click here.
- Buyers accept that by using our service, you are solely responsible for all duties and taxes that are occurred as a result of the agreed transaction. This includes international customs fees. The Edit LDN is not responsible for any charges that occur as a result of you using our platform.
- By using our service, you agree that any promotion on theeditldn.com is subject to its own terms and conditions. We reserve the right to cancel any promotions at any time.
- Intellectual Property.
By using our service, You acknowledge and agree that (i) our patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and other intellectual property (collectively, “Intellectual Property”) are our sole property, and (ii) nothing in these Terms shall confer in you any right of ownership or license rights in our Intellectual Property. In addition, you shall not now or in the future contest the validity of our Intellectual Property. Without limiting the previous sentence, the Services, including without limitation all text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, audio clips, and computer programs, are the property of The Edit LDN or its licensors or suppliers, and are protected by UK and International intellectual property laws (including copyright and trademark laws). The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content and User Content associated with the Services is the exclusive property of The Edit LDN and protected by UK and International intellectual property (including copyright) law. Any unauthorized reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance of the software or the content through our Services is strictly prohibited.
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability.
- The Edit LDN is a marketplace. All goods sold are purchased from third parties, not from The Edit LDN. The Edit LDN will not be responsible for the actions or inactions of its users.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude any liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded;
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
- Although it is our intention that the Site and Service is available, there may be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunication links and/or equipment. The Service and any content contained therein (including User Content) is provided on an “as available” and “as is” basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by, or be expressed by, applicable law. You accept that the internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of User Content or other information may not be secure.
- Edit LDN is not responsible or liable for any loss or harm caused by viruses, bugs or other programmes designed to impair the Service.
- The Edit LDN does not perform background checks nor do we endorse any users and as such will not be held responsible for users actions or inactions.
- The Edit LDN does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any content made available to its users, whether that be on theeditldn.com or any other linked website or outlet.
- The Edit LDN does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable and we will never be responsible for indirect losses and/or financial and business loss, or loss of goodwill or reputation.
- The Edit LDN take no liability for items after they have been shipped to the buyer. Liability for items in transit between The Edit LDN and the buyer is held by the courier company. Should items be lost in transit, The Edit LDN will raise claims on behalf of the consumer, with the courier company.
- By using our service you agree that liability of The Edit LDN shall be strictly limited, in any circumstance, to the transaction fee of the sole transaction in question.
- The Edit LDN will not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations caused by any force majeure event. In those circumstances The Edit LDN will be granted a reasonable extension of time for the performance of its obligations, the reasonableness of that extension to be assessed in the context of these Terms and The Edit LDN’s other commitments.
- By using our service, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold The Edit LDN, its directors, employees and agents, completely harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses (including legal and accounting costs), incurred in any way connected with your (the users) access and use of our services, or your violation of these terms. Where we decide to conduct the defence of any such claim, you agree to assist us as reasonably requested.
- If at any time you decide you can no longer agree to these Terms or any changes made to the Terms or the Service, you must immediately stop using the Service.
- If you wish to end your use of the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address linked to your account and ask us to deactivate your account. Where such request comes from someone who is not the account holder, we may ask you to provide proof of who you are and your relationship to the User in question, and any other documents we may reasonable require.
- We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break these Terms and/ or any other important rule(s) we set for accessing and using the Service.
- We may also withdraw the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time and without any liability to you.
- If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this clause, we may delete or modify your User Content, account or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses. You should note that even if your account is deactivated, some of your data may persist and appear within the Service, for example if/ where any User Content has been re-shared by others.
- Notice and takedown policy
If you have a dispute with us relating to the Service, in the first instance please contact us via [email@example.com] and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
If you’re a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe that any User Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may contact us by sending an “Infringement Notice” providing The Edit LDN Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in writing:
- Your name and contact details;
- The physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification via a link to or other means of identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit The Edit LDN, the service provider, to locate the material;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, that the information in the notification is accurate that you’re authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will take the action that we believe is appropriate depending on the nature of the Infringement Notice and will aim to respond to you within a reasonable period of time on the action we propose to take. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your Infringement Notice may not be valid.
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent at the address listed above:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the User Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the User Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the User Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by The Edit LDN’s Copyright Agent, The Edit LDN may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed User Content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the User Content provider, member or user, the removed User Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at The Edit LDN’s sole discretion.
- Governing law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation.